Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

I am officially the world's greatest procrastinator! I have started numerous blog posts and always seem to get side tracked by a couple of busy little boys. Since this blog has basically become somewhat of a family journal, I vowed that this week I'd finally complete all my posts and finally get them up here - so here goes ...

Halloween has always been a fun time of year, but I have to say that as Zach gets older it has become all the more exciting! Zach loves to paint and was absolutely thrilled when I told him he could help paint the pumpkin. We used black chalkboard paint so we could write a Halloween countdown '5 days til Halloween', etc.

A week ago I was craving sugar cookies so we invited some friends over to help decorate and eat some.
Zach didn't quite understand the concept of decorating cookies as he would repeatedly spread some icing on the cookie and then lick it all off. He never ate a single cookie. Mmmmm ... icing!!! We experienced quite the sugar high at the Corie house that day!
Thanks to my latest addiction that is 'PINTEREST', I have found so many fun ideas for Halloween. I thought it would be fun to try a few things out and throw a little party for Zach and some of his friends.
Here are a few things I put together:
Bat Juice
Orange Jack-o-lanterns
Floating Frozen Hand
Ghostly Cheese Strings
Mummy Cupcakes
Mummy Dogs
And here's a few pictures of all the kiddos all dressed up. Too cute!!!


The night before Halloween we got together with Brian and Lanise to carve pumpkins. Zach was enthralled by the whole experience!

He helped me sort through the pumpkin 'guts' to pick out the seeds for a later snack.
Blake even dressed up for the occasion.
We had to take it outside and light it up for Zach. It was hilarious to see how excited he was!
And the finished product ...
Here's my little guys ready to go trick-or-treating.
We just took them to Mark's parents and grandparents and some of our neighbours.
Zach was just starting to catch onto the idea of trick-or-treating when we headed home. I already can't wait for next year!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!


5 comments:

  1. YESSSS! Be prepared for me to comment on all of your blog posts! This is like Christmas to me haha. CUTEST party ever! You are such a fun mom! I'm totally stealing your ideas for next Halloween. Wow, you went all out. Love the chalkboard pumpkin paint idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an awesome party! You had so many cute things! I am so glad you are blogging again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, you're blogging again!! It was fun to read all your posts and catch up on what's been going on :) That was quite the Halloween party you thew! Your boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH a post!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT party!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to live in the same city as you so our little boys can be cousin friends and so that we can hang out all the time! your boys are getting so big and are so stinkin cute :) happy halloween and happy bday to zack and happy fall time up there!!!

    ReplyDelete